Forum Discussion
First and Only Delivery for a Hospice Patient 225 Miles Away - Printable Version

+- Forum Discussion (http://forum-discussion.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion Topics (http://forum-discussion.com/Forum-General-Discussion-Topics)
+--- Forum: Interesting Things (http://forum-discussion.com/Forum-Interesting-Things)
+--- Thread: First and Only Delivery for a Hospice Patient 225 Miles Away (/Thread-First-and-Only-Delivery-for-a-Hospice-Patient-225-Miles-Away)

First and Only Delivery for a Hospice Patient 225 Miles Away - Kelly - 10-18-2018

18-Year-Old Makes Pizzeria’s First and Only Delivery for a Hospice Patient 225 Miles Away

A 18-year-old pizzeria laborer is praised for going far in excess of what was required after he broke the eatery's take-out run to convey a pizza to a family's home three and a half hours away.

Julie and Rich Morgan had as of late been thinking back about the amazing pies that are served up at Steve's Pizza put in Battle Creek, Michigan. It's been a long time since the couple has lived in the city, yet in spite of the separation, the legendary eatery still sets the bar for the ideal cut of pizza.

"We were youthful and cash was tight, yet every compensation day, Rich would get Steve's Pizza for supper," Julie wrote in a Facebook post. "I can't in any way, shape or form depict how heavenly this pizza is – yet a few moves and every one of these years after the fact, it is as yet the highest quality level and we've never discovered a superior pizza yet. Rich has as often as possible scrutinized other pizza as 'great, yet it's no Steve's.'"

Julie and Rich had as of late been anticipating visiting Battle Creek for her birthday – however as their get-away lingered nearer, an unforeseen malignancy finding left Rich in hospice.

“We talked about seeing the leaves and the lakeshore, but that was secondary to our planned visit to Steve’s,” says Julie. “Instead, I took Rich to the ER where he landed in ICU for five days, and where we learned the news that his valiant cancer battle was coming to an end.”

Unbeknownst to the couple, Julie's dad called Steve's Pizza with expectations of getting a letter, content, or agreeable telephone call from the eatery – yet as destiny would have it, the eatery's administrator, 18-year-old Dalton Shaffer, picked up the telephone.

In the wake of tuning in to the situation of the Morgan family, Shaffer instantly solicited what kind from pizzas the couple loved. Julie's dad stressed that they lived in Indianapolis – or, in other words from Battle Creek.

Notwithstanding the eatery keeping up a firm take out-just control, Shaffer waved away the man's challenges and said that he would convey two pepperoni pizzas to the couple's home after he shut the store for the night.

[Image: 74OfE3h.jpg]

Consistent with his assertion, Shaffer drove for three and a half hours until the point that he at long last touched base at the Morgan's home.

“And so, while Rich and I slept, at 2:30 AM, Dalton rolled into our driveway, left the car running and delivered two extra special pizzas to my waiting family, My dad offered to put him up in a hotel, but he refused and immediately left for the return trip home because he had to work the next day” wrote Julie. “He told them we were in his prayers, and offered to help in any way he could.

As a methods for offering her thanks, Julie posted a photograph of the amazing pie to Facebook, saying: "I am past overpowered and lowered by this demonstration of authentic benevolence. Dalton brought our family so much euphoria – and the best pizza on the planet – at an extremely troublesome time.